Today we are going to prepare some delicious pork tamales in red sauce, and if something is not clear to you, you can follow the step by step with the video
- 3lb of pork for tamales
- 1 packet of paste
- 1 package of leaves for tamales
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2lbs of butter
- 5 red tomatoes
- 3 ancho pasilla chiles
- 10 guajillo chiles
- 1 teaspoon royal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- salt to taste
- Cook the pork, the onion, the head of garlic and salt for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, the chiles are cleaned (in the same pot) to make them boil and then the leaves are soaked to wrap our tamales.
- Once cooked, the chile, onion, garlic, and tomato are blended with two cups of the pork broth. Don't forget to add the spices to your liking.
- Once the ingredients are blended, pass it through a strainer to remove the remains of seeds and have a perfect red sauce.
- Then you go on to shred or shred the already cooked pork meat.
- Having ready the shredded meat and the red sauce, you mix them in a pot to boil for 10 to 15 minutes, and we have ready our filling for the tamales.
- To prepare the dough for the tamales, mix with the help of a mixer: the butter, the salt, the teaspoon of royal, and little by little add the maseca, and the broth.
- Ready the dough, spread it on the sheets for tamales, with a spoon or with your hands, and then in the center add the meat filling with chili and pass it to wrap.
- Now get your steamer ready. In a pot add 2 liters of water, make a base with the leaves for the tamales and arrange the tamales on top of the base, and then cover them with leaves again. Tip: to keep the steam well, seal it with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- After 2 hours and 1/2 of cooking, the tamales are served.
Tip: if they detach well from the sheet, they are ready to savor togetherwith a guava atole.